URL Protection for your email - and why you need it!
ClickSMART addon provides your organization with another layer of protection against ransomware and phishing attacks. It's done by stopping your users from being able to click on any urls that are deemed to be dangerous. Web links in emails are rewritten, which lets them be rescanned at the time of a click. This is a great addon to SpyderMail's email security.
One of the common types of zero-day attacks situations involved an email which seems innocent, and contains some web links. It passes through anti-spam scans, as well as virus filters. When your user gets the email (since it doesn't pose an "immediate" threat), the spammer can "weaponize" the link by pointing it to either a phishing site, or some type of malware delivery site..
Your user gets subjected to malicious attacks like malware, phishing or even ransomware. SpyderMail ClickSMART will prevent these web links from ever getting through to your user - and in doing so, ensures the safety and security of your network.
How ClickSmart works
SpyderMail ClickSmart works together with our email security service. ClickSMART examines your user's incoming "clean" email for links to websites - and will replace them for a link back to the ClickSmart Service. Your user then receives the email - but when they click on a link, one of two procedures will take place.
- If the original email is still held in our system, ClickSMART will retrieve and rescan the entire content along with any web links.
- If the original email isn't available, ClickSMART will scan the original web link.
If the original message or it's enclosed web link is now found to be malicious, your user i could be blocked from accessing that website, or perhaps warned, depending on which settings that you have chosen.
Features and benefits
- Scans URLs in emails
- Re-writes all web links in emails
- Blocks URLs which could lead to phishing, spear phishing, spoofing and ransomware attacks
- Customizable warning and block pages
- Easy statistics report scheduling
- Works with SpyderMail’s spam filtering email security service
- Reduces security risks