CudaMail Spam Filtering Service Features
CudaMail is an Enterprise-Level premium spam filtering service which provides industry-leading comprehensive protection against the most current email-borne threats combined with the flexibility of customizing per-user settings, per-user quarantine mailboxes, and more.
CudaMail provides a fully-integrated email security, continuity and archiving cloud-based solution. It protects your organisation from advanced email threats and accidental or malicious data leakage via email, in the office or one the road, no matter the device.
Multi-layered security keeps you safe from known and emerging email-based threats, using a combination of custom filters and industry-leading anti-virus, anti-spam and anti-phishing engines.
Now you can easily control what data leaves your organisation via email, and protect against data loss with our multi-level policy enforcement and compliance. You can utilise custom-built trigger lists to alert HR, IT, Sales or Senior Management when specific phrases are sent.
What is included with the CudaMail Spam Filtering Service?
- Per User Allow / Block lists
- Compatible with all Email Servers
- From 7 Days of Mailbagging
- Geographically Redundant Cloud Filter
- No software to install on your servers or workstations.
- Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery Service
- Multiple Reputation Analysis Systems
- Management Portal
In addition to helping you with any issues, you can actually call during business hours and speak to a person!
The management portal dashboard contains detailed information and reports on the spam filtering for your domain. You can also have reports emailed.
You get access to the Management Portal, where you can control your spam filter settings, Whitelist / Blacklist, and do powerful searches on messages.
Control Your Settings
As the domain admin, you can adjust your organization's spam filtering settings.
Users have their own blacklists & whitelists, and you control the domain-wide ones.
The CudaMail system supports TLS (Transport Layer Security) encrypted email.
Detailed Features of the CudaMail Spam Filtering Service
Spam definitions are automatically updated constantly, as well as new Spam rules, Spam algorithms, and Virus definitions on a ongoing basis. These updates require zero administration and ensure that your network has comprehensive and accurate protection even as the methods of attack change.
The CudaMail service uses a powerful spam filtering/reputation analysis/anti-malware system in several geographically distributed data centres. This is a powerful defense system (Network Denial of Service Protection, Rate Control, IP Reputation Analysis, Sender Authentication, Recipient Verification, Virus Scanning, Policy (User-specified rules), Spam Fingerprint Check, Intent Analysis, Image Analysis, Bayesian Analysis, Rule-based Scoring ). Here are some of the unbeatable features that you will have access to using our service:
- Anti-Spam – The algorithms and methods used by the CudaMail Service are the most comprehensive and most advanced in the industry at detecting and filtering spam resulting in the lowest rate of false positives.
- Anti-Virus – By utilizing dual layer virus blocking, decompression of archives and file type blocking, the anti-virus engine used by the CudaMail service provides complete virus protection.
- Anti-spoofing – This technology prevents the use of forged or "spoofed" sender addresses on unsolicited email. The anti-spoofing feature also allows larger organizations to specify a list of IP addresses that are allowed to have a "From" address that appears from inside the organization to support multiple sites and multiple email servers.
- Anti-phishing – The CudaMail service provides robust protection against phishing schemes which are often used to gather confidential information about an organization or its individual users.
- Anti-spyware (Attachments) – All attachments are scanned and any spyware executables are detected and eliminated immediately.
- Denial of Service Protection – Rate controls are utilized to stop denial of service attacks as well as dictionary based Spam attacks. These rate control systems are integrated and automatic in the CudaMail service.
End-User Control Features and Settings
The CudaMail service has many individual settings and configurations available to make the end-user's experience a truly tailored email solution.
- User Based Filtering - The CudaMail service can be configured to set Spam policies by the end user on an individualized basis or on the global domain level.
- Personal Allow and Block Lists - The CudaMail service can be configured to allow end users to have control over their individual allow and block lists which further reduces the chance of false positives.
- End-User Quarantine - The CudaMail service provides the ability to setup quarantine mailboxes where users can direct questionable email for later review. This greatly reduces the support load for large organizations.
- Quarantine Digest Emails - You can have quarantine digest emails sent to all end users with a quarantine account summarizing the contents of their individual quarantine mailboxes. They can be configured up to 1 per hour!. End-users do not have to remember any passwords or user IDs to access their quarantine mailbox; each summary account email is an html document with direct links pointing to the end-users quarantine mailbox with the appropriate verification embedded.
More Service Features
At Optrics Engineering, we realize that your network infrastructure is important to the daily working of your company. This is why we also offer the following features as part of our CudaMail service:
- Compatible with all Email Servers - The CudaMail service is independent of the type of mail server you are using.
- Mail Server Monitoring / Reporting - You can be notified when your mail server goes down so that you know when and why we cannot deliver email to your server.
- Up to 90 Days of Email Replay - This upgrade brings with it always-on email continuity and an additional 76 days of email replay from the email logs bringing you to 90 days of email replay in total. Email Replay allows you to re-deliver emails in case of accidental deletion from email clients.
- Redundant Data Centres - Our service utilizes true Geographic Redundancy which means that if anything happens to the primary Spam and Virus filters the service will failover to backup filters and you will continue to receive uninterrupted service.
- Destination Failover - allows you to specify either a second mail server or a second internet link for load balancing or fail over. Should there be a problem with your primary mail server or link, the CudaMail service can still deliver mail to you using your backup link.
CudaMail Management Portal
Included with the CudaMail service is the CudaMail Management Portal, which serves as your "Central Command" for using the service.
As the admin for your domain, you can adjust a number of settings for your domain.
- Domain-wide Whitelist / Blacklist based on either E-mail Address or Domain Name
- Detailed reports and statistics on admin dashboard
- Available emailed reports as well
- Drill Down into the Message Logs for your domains with many different filters to narrow your search
- Manage Frequency of Traffic Summaries (Daily/Weekly/Monthly) and destination E-mail address for these reports.
- Domain configuration settings (including domain level spam scoring, update/change your destination mail server & SMTP E-mail testing)
If you are a CudaMail partner, you can have one common login which makes it easy to manage and control all the domains you have under your partner account.